Thursday, November 5, 2015

Christmas Blog Stop #6 Using your Creative Memories tools



Welcome to the Christmas Blog Hop!  
You are at "Train" stop #6 Woot! Woot!

Are you ready to hop on board Santa's train and learn some fun ways you can use your tools to make embellishments to 
"Deck the pages"?

This cute train border was created using the following Creative Memories products
  • Filmstrip Border Maker Cartridge
  • Bubbles Maker Border Maker Cartridge
  • 2 way Corner Rounder
  • Blossom Place n Punch maker (Warehouse finds tab)
  • Hexagon Place n Punch maker (Warehouse finds tab)
  • Shape Maker System (Warehouse finds tab)
  • Circle Tag maker (Warehouse finds tab
  • Shades of Red and Green Paper Pack
  • Shades of Green Paper Pack
  • Fall In Paper Pack
  • Look on the Bright Side Paper Pack
  • Black & White solid card stack (Going Gone tab) 
  • Christmas Joy Paper Pack
  • Christmas Joy Stickers 3/pack

For the train base, I cut a piece of paper 4" x 3" and then place in the Filmstrip border maker cartridge and punch once, leaving 2 "windows".  Take a ruler and line it up with bottom of the negative space from the punch, like photo to right and draw a straight line. Negative Space is area that the punch would cut out, many would call it "left overs" but they are GOODIES to me! Then draw an angle to make top of train. Use your scissors and cut the lines. After you cut, use corner rounder to round the nose of the train. Take the Hexagon Place n Punch and cut out a hexagon
and cut it as pictured here. The top piece will be your smoke stack and the bottom piece goes on nose of train. I used the black "negative" piece from Filmstrip border maker system for the stack. Use your Shape Maker Circle Punch to make the big wheel on the train. The inner of the big wheel is center of the Circle tag maker. Then take black paper and the Circle Tag Maker and cut out the center of Circle Tag Maker punch to make the little wheels on train and boxcars. Take the outer frame from Circle Tag Maker and use it for the nose curve. I used the Filmstrip Border Maker System to create the "chains" on the wheels. On the small wheels, I used the Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge and used the largest circle negative space that was cut out.


For the train boxcars, I again used the Filmstrip Border Maker System and punched out green and red boxcar.  Punch green paper three times so you will be able to make two boxcars. Use trimmer to trim at angle to shape the boxcars. Do the same with the red. Photo left shows how I shaped the boxcar.  To make the boxcar wheels I used the Circle Tag maker make a punch. Cut out the center for wheels and use Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge and use the largest circles left from punching out. You'll need total of 8 of these. I used the Christmas Joy Stickers on the train body and for the inner wheel of the large train wheel. For the miscellaneous gifts, I used Christmas Joy Paper pack, Look on the Bright Side Paper pack, and the Fall In Paper pack. They make it more festive. I used the new Evergreen "Tree" Border Maker Cartridge for the tree in the boxcars. Along with the Diamond Scroll Marker Cartridge for the candy canes in the cars.

To make Santa head, I used the Blossom Place n Punch to Maker for
beard. You'll use one punch for the base and trim another punch like shown for the top layer of the beard. I used the inner part of the Circle Tag maker for the face. The cheeks are from Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge.  The rim of the hat, I also used Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge. I took the Shape Maker System used circle punch to make base of hat and cut the top part off.  The glove I made using Blossom Place n Punch and cut out like above in photo on right.

 I LOVE playing with my punches!! I made this cute Reindeer using the Shape Maker System Circle punch. Cut out a circle then put circle back into punch and trim it up to make it oval for the body. Then I used the inner of the Circle Tag maker for the head and the outer circle for the antlers. I used the Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge for the eyes and nose. I used a pop up dot for nose.

You say WOW this is too hard for me, I need something easy.  How about some simple Holly Leaves??  To make these you need the Shape Maker System Cut out squares from Shades of Green paper then change out your punch to the Circle. Take Circle punch and cut corners of paper like above like shown in photo. I used Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge for Holly berries. For the red "title" box I used the 2-way Corner rounder and used reverse-curve to create corners.

The Christmas tree and Angel and made mostly with  Blossom Place n Punch maker. Cut white punch for the wings and cut it in half. Then cut out a yellow punch for the hair.  I used the inner of the Circle Tag maker to cut out the face. Place hair on top and trim around the circle for bangs. The inner half circle from cut out, I used Silver Metallic pen and colored it for halo.  For the tree, I used Blossom Place n Punch maker and layered them to look like a tree. I used the negative of the Filmstrip Border Maker Cartridge for the tree trunk and the negative of the Star Border Marker Cartridge for star.

Are you planning on decorating the tree this year?  Wouldn't these cute ornaments be beautiful adorning the top of your page? I used the Square on Shape Maker System and then used the 2-Way corner rounder to round only two sides.
I decorated the ornaments differently based on scraps I had. The center of the Santa is the Filmstrip Cartridge and for the last ornament I cut out a punch with Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge and then used Shape Maker Square to cut out a square. I layered a green scrap behind it and then cut out green bubbles with Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge and glued bubbles on upper part. For the tops of the ornaments, I used the Circle Tag maker and cut with scissors to give the look. Then use the negative of Circle Tag maker cut for black "hooks".

GIFT TAGS!
You don't have to limit you tools to just Scrapbooking!  
How special would your gift be with cute Christmas tags like these?? 
I cut paper 2"x3" for tags. I used Shape Maker System square to make top look slanted like a tag and used hole punch to make hole.   Tag #1: Use Evergreen Border Cartridge and then layered negative space of Picket Fence white piece over Evergreen punch.  Tag #2: For the ornament, I used the Circle Tag maker and cut out the center. I layered the Evergreen punch, cutting out white and green trees and added black behind them.  I used the Silver Metallic pen and hand drew on stars on the black paper. For the bubbles at bottom, I used a negative scrap of Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge and colored the circles on the bottom with a Silver Metallic pen. Tag #3: Take negative from the Picket Fence Border Cartridge and layer white and red for the Chevron look at bottom of tag. I layered the opposite to form pattern at top. Then add the Evergreen Border Cartridge for trees Tag #4: I used the inner of the Circle Tag maker to make the Snowman Head and the Circle from Shape Maker System for the body.  The hat was made using the negative from the Filmstrip Border Maker Cartridge. Then use the inside of the Circle Tag maker for the scarf. The eyes are from Bubbles Maker System Cartridge.  Tag #5: The ornament is the Circle Tag maker, cut out inner. Take a red paper and punch it with the Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge and then layer a green piece of paper behind red punch out. I used scissors to trim red paper so it was not seen sticking out behind the circle. I used the negative of Circle Tag maker for the green half circle at top. The bottom is negative of Picket Fence Cartridge and layer on top of 2"x3" tag  

I used the Border Maker System Picket Fence Cartridge to make the Santa and Elf tag. Take the Picket Fence Cartridge and cut out a red punch then trim them up to to be 2" wide and 3" tall. Use the Square Shape Maker System punch and trim the top to give it a "tag" look. Then weave a black paper through picket fence for the "belt". Use the negative of the Picket Fence punch for the white fur and use the Blossom Place n Punch for the beard. Take a scrap piece of white and colored with Silver Metallic pen for buckle and added black strip of paper on top.  Use a hole punch for tag. For the Elf use Picket fence and cut a red punch, then use Square Shape Maker and insert Picket Fence cut out and punch to make it square. Then weave a strip of green paper through Picket Fence.  Then cut a tag 2" x 3" out of Shades of Green and take the Square Shape Maker System punch and trim the top to give it a "tag" look. Then mount the red Picket Fence square on top. Add the red negative space from Picket Fence Cartridge to the top of the square. Use the Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge for buttons.
 
 
For more information about these GREAT Creative Memories products used in today blog, please visit my website. www.creativememories.com/user/CandaceBouldin
Of course, if you don't already have a Creative Memories Advisor, I'd be love to be your personal Creative Memories Advisor.  If you'd like to join my team and earn products like these at discount, click on this link to Join my team! 
Or ask my how!

Thanks for stopping by!   The fun continues over at Julie Tambrini blog, she is the next stop on our CM Christmas Blog Hop!  

In case you get lost along the way here is the list of all the stops on this fun Blog Hop:
Hop 2 Stefani Jones  
Hop 6 Candace Bouldin, your HERE!
Hop 7 Julie Tambrini

2 comments:

Susan said...

That train is just too cute! Thanks for sharing your fun ideas!

Janet said...

This is awesome! Thanks.