Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cruise Ship with Creative Memories Border Maker System and Filmstrip Cartridge



Welcome Board and get ready to sail with this splashingly fun border!

This border was created by using 
Creative Memories Border Maker System the Filmstrip Cartridge 
and bubble maker punch


First I started out with the base. I used a 2" x 12" strip of white paper and cut it as pictured below.


I then started to build layers of the "decks".   Bottom layer used a 3"-2.5" piece, depends   on how big you want this area to add the title of cruise ship. I used the filmstrip cartridge    and punched out a full filmstrip and then flipped over paper and punched the other side 
of the paper.I then cut out another piece the same way with less space for top of ship.   
(I believe I use 2" this step) Then I cut one more border out and cut it up and layered it like I did in prior post of how to make the fences. (See here if you need more instructions Filmstrip Fence)
I cut out one more filmstrip and just used one punch out side to create "windows" in the hull of the boat. I backed it with black paper, cut the black paper larger than strip to make the "pin strip" for the bottom.

Backed all layers with black paper, using scissors to trim windows to make it a staggered effect.  I used the bubble maker punch and punched out black circle to make the perfect 

port hole windows at bottom. I cut a thin strip of red to make upper pin strip.  
 
I then took a black triangle and cut it like this to make the "stack"
Then I added another thin red strip to top.  To make the Mickey ears
I used the bubble maker cartridge with red paper I punched out bubbles with cartridge and made the ears by piecing together and attaching.
The wave border was made with a previous border punch that CM use 
to carry.  If you don't have that cartridge your welcome to use mine to make the border POP!  



I used the new Look on the bright side paper pack
http://www.creativememories.com/shop-all/decorative/paper-packs/look-on-bright-side-paper-pack.html
to create the background of the page. The cute chevron border on top is from that pack.

Where are you setting of to Cruise next?
This page would be a great addition to our new Now Boarding Fast 2 Fab Album
 Bon Voyage!!

 

No comments: